Buffalo Grove, Illinois, United States: Profile Products is strengthening its commitment to eco-friendly solutions for the environment through a series of initiatives that focus on sustainable production methods and educational outreach.
Most notably, Profile is replacing all bags and wraps with recycled-content packaging across all product lines, including Erosion and Vegetative Solutions, Turface, Golf and Horticulture.
A report in Golf Course Industry said that the new packaging is going into production immediately, making Profile one of the first in the industry to adopt environmentally friendly packaging for all of its products.
Jim Tanner, Chief Executive Officer and President of Profile Products, a Full Business Member of the Asian Golf Industry Federation, announced the changes in a letter to Profile’s distributors.
“By 2020, there will be 20 billion metric tons of plastic in landfills,” Tanner said. “We’re preventing more plastic from sitting in landfills by using packaging that is as environmentally friendly as the product it holds. We’re doing our part to reduce our environmental footprint and we hope others will join us.”
In the letter, Tanner also outlined the extensive projects and partnerships Profile has already developed that emphasise environmental stewardship, including:
- Restoring the environment through revegetation efforts, including sequestering more than 100 million tons of carbon, creating products that have recycled 3.5 billion pounds of wood and paper, removing 125 million tons of sediment from entering waterways and restoring more than 1.5 million acres of land.
- Using Forest Stewardship Council certified papers and incorporating low/no Volatile Organic Compound inks.
- Partnering with freight providers who emphasise efficiency and sustainability while decreasing carbon dioxide emissions.
- Providing more than 600 Lunch & Learn seminars a year, impacting more than 10,000 engineers, specifiers and agencies.
- Launching a plant expansion in Conover, North Carolina, that will triple Profile’s greenhouse facilities for research and development of eco-friendly products and add on a new 2,500-square-foot training centre.