Singapore: The new line of Scotty Cameron Futura putters offers seven high performance mallet-style models that provide golfers at every level of the game with stable, forgiving putter setups.
From rounded mid-mallets to high-tech, high-MOI larger mallets, the 2017 Futura family – available through Titleist authorised golf shops – melds the best design characteristics of the previous generation GOLO and Futura X lines with Cameron’s continued innovation in multi-material putter constructions.
The result is a cohesive line-up of Tour-proven shapes and configurations – Futura 5CB, 5MB, 5W and 5S; Futura 6M and 6M Dual Balance; and Futura 7M – with enhanced stability and forgiveness, improved alignment features, and responsive feel and feedback:
• Multi-material technology – featuring wrap-around face-sole constructions milled from lightweight 6061 aircraft grade aluminium, integrated with precision-milled 303 stainless steel – moves weight back and to the perimeter, allowing for larger putter heads with enhanced high-MOI performance (resistance to twisting during the stroke). These multi-material, high-MOI designs combine with Cameron’s Tour-proven heel-and-toe sole weighting technology to increase stability and forgiveness.
• A built-in vibration dampening system connects the mid-milled face-sole component to the stainless steel frame of each model, producing a responsive feel and feedback that Cameron describes as ‘soft, but solid’.
• Enhanced alignment options – including milled top-line sight lines, dual-purpose alignment (5W, 5S, 6M, 7M), new pop-through visual cues, rail alignment features and bright lines framing the sweet spot – provide added confidence at address.
Cameron said “This new Futura line blends my ideas about high-performance putter designs with my long-standing ideals that high-tech should always be high-quality. What we’ve pioneered with our multi-material technology allows me to design properly-weighted larger putter heads for more stable set-ups to give mallet players more confidence over putts.
“Fans of the brand may remember the original Futura putter released over a dozen years ago, which was viewed as an experimental design that then went on to be trusted to several titles.
“It’s this focus on making putters for the best players in the game that drives me to continue to innovate, experiment and push the boundaries of what we offer to all dedicated golfers.
“Similar to the world of motorsport, what we prove on Sundays on the worldwide professional golf Tours goes into every putter we bring to market. The Futura name validates the decades of design performance my team and I bring to the high-tech putter market and celebrates that early innovation standing the test of time.”
FUTURA MODEL OVERVIEW: The new Futura models are identified by shape and size using a 5, 6 and 7 numbering system. Higher numbers indicate larger sizes.
• Futura 5CB and Futura 5MB are elegant, rounded mid-mallets that blend Cameron’s decades-long design aesthetic that a putter ‘should melt into the ground’ with multi-material face-sole technology. Futura 5CB (‘cavity back’) features a pop-through black anodised 6061 aircraft aluminium flange plate and single milled sight line on the top-line. Futura 5MB (‘muscle back’) features a refined, rounded 303 stainless steel back flange with a Silver Mist finish and a single milled sight line.
• Futura 5W and Futura 5S improve upon the popular aspects of the prior generation Futura X5 and Futura X7M models. The Futura 5W (‘W’ for ‘wing’) is shaped similarly to the Futura X5, but now has full wrap-around multi-material face-sole technology and enhanced dual purpose alignment features that frame the ball and aligns the sweet spot with white flange lines placed parallel to each wing. Futura 5S (‘S’ for ‘straight shaft’) is a more compact and stylistically updated version of Futura X7M with a straight shaft set-up inspired by Tour feedback, and dual-purpose alignment.
• Inspired by Cameron’s work with Adam Scott, the Futura 6M (‘M’ for ‘MOI’) introduces the best MOI-enhancing traits of the original Futura X model in conjunction with design cues expressed in the Futura X7M, combining a pop-through ‘bar back’ design with deep heel-toe weights for the ultimate in forgiveness and resistance to twisting at impact. A new Futura 6M Dual Balance model is available for players who need maximum stability in their stroke. Like all Dual Balance models, the Futura 6M DB has a 50-gram heavier head and a 50-gram counterweight in the grip end of the shaft.
• The Futura 7M improves upon the Futura X7M with refined shaping of the back wings, including the stainless steel ‘bar back’ that moves weight behind the putter face for added forgiveness, along with dual-purpose alignment.
• Left-handed options will be available in the Futura 5CB and Futura 6M models.
Each new Futura putter features advanced stability weighting with two removable, customisable stainless steel sole weights, stepless steel shafts and supple Black Matador Mid-size grips with red and gold accents (Futura 6M DB employs a 15-inch Dual Balance grip) developed to offer the comfort of a larger grip while maintaining responsiveness and feel.
MODERN AESTHETICS: Cameron gave the Futura line’s raw stainless steel surfaces a Silver Mist finish with a unique bead blast for a radiant yet glare-resistant appearance. All aluminium sole plates have been anodised in black. Additionally, the Tour-inspired cosmetics display the familiar three bright translucent red dots in the back cavity with engraved typography befitting this modern, high-performance line.
Scotty Cameron is part of the Acushnet company, a Full Business Member of the Asian Golf Industry Federation.
Palm Beach Gardens, United States: The 2021 Virtual PGA Merchandise Show Week will begin on January 26, with a special Product Preview & Launch Day to spotlight the latest merchandise and services of more than 200 golf manufacturers.