Dubai: Troon was at the centre of the Middle East Golf Awards (MEGA), with its network of properties receiving eight accolades.
The global management organisation – an Executive Member of the Asian Golf Industry Federation – manages 10 properties in the region, each of which are regarded as leaders in service, quality and hospitality.
Now in its fourth edition, the MEGA ceremony recognised the exceptional standards of golf venues throughout the Middle East region and awards are voted on by both the general public and a panel of experts.
With an excellent array of products, experiences and professionals, the awards are blessed with an unusual pool of talent and quality from which to choose.
“This year’s plethora of awards is testament to the dedication of our teams,” said Mark Chapleski, Area Managing Director/Senior Vice-President Troon Golf Middle East/Asia Pacific.
“As a business, Troon prides itself on delivering world-class standards 365 days a year and the best returns for our ownership groups. We are very proud of what we have achieved as a group and the individuals who were recognised for their outstanding performance.”
Within the Middle East portfolio, Troon-managed properties and individuals succeeded as follows:
• Abu Dhabi Golf Club triumphed in two categories including ‘Best Overall Club Experience’ which was decided by a public vote considering important experience factors including customer service, accessibility to practice facilities, golf course value for money, food and beverage offerings, locker room facilities and added extras.
- Abu Dhabi’s second award went to Danny Jakubowski who took home the ‘Best Teaching Professional’, awarded for demonstrating great ability to improve players, exceptional enthusiasm to coaching and becoming an inspirational role model to pupils.
- Saadiyat Beach Golf Club triumphed with the ‘Golf Course Maintenance Team of the Year’ award where judges recognised the all-round world-class standards of the oceanfront course, including the course’s sustainability and year-round playability.
- Tom Rourke celebrated becoming Director of Golf of the Year for his services at The Track Meydan Golf, one of the most unique properties in the Emirates, with its backdrop being the famous Dubai racecourse.
- The Els Club Dubai celebrated success with the ‘Best F&B Team’ whose comprehensive food and beverage facilities have become a firm fixture with guests and residents in Dubai.
- Elliot Gray was awarded General Manager of the Year for his role at Arabian Ranches in Dubai.
- Collaboration of the Year saw The Track Meydan Golf and Golf DXB bringing golf to the local community providing a series of group programmes to maximise the enjoyment of the game in a fun and engaging environment.
- Abu Dhabi’s Director of Golf, Callum Nicholl, captured the PGA Order of Merit (Player of the Year) honours for the sixth year in a row.
Troon also set the standard on innovation, providing a host of unique events, both on and off the course, engaging membership packages and tailored services for international inbound visitors.