Carlsbad, California, United States: Callaway Golf Company has unveiled two new clubs – Big Bertha Irons and Big Bertha Hybrids – which it says can make golfers up to two clubs longer.
The new clubs incorporate 360 Face Cup technology, previously used for big distance gains in the company’s fairway woods and hybrids, and the Big Bertha Hybrids, Callaway’s first adjustable hybrids.
Both the Big Bertha Irons and the Big Bertha Hybrids will be available at golf retailers nationwide and on callawaygolf.com on October 17.
In addition to this page on the company’s website bit.ly/BBMedia, a suite of original content has been released by Callaway to support the announcement:
• An animated graphic feature video for the Big Bertha Iron and the Big Bertha Hybrid: bit.ly/BBProdVid
• Face Cup Face-Off with Patrick Reed. How far will Reed hit the new Big Bertha 6-iron? bit.ly/BBFaceCup
• The Big Bertha Irons and Big Bertha Hybrids ‘Callaway Talks’ episode with Alan Hocknell, SVP, R&D, and Harry Arnett, SVP, Marketing: bit.ly/BBCallTalks
• The 360 Face Cup video with Hocknell – a more detailed description of this new technology in an iron: bit.ly/BB360Face
• The Internal Standing Wave video with Hocknell – a more detailed overview of how this fairway wood and hybrid technology was implemented in an iron design: bit.ly/BBTech1
Callaway Golf is a Full Business Member of the Asian Golf Industry Federation.
Shanghai, China: PacificPine Sports, exclusive operator of the PGA Youth Development golf academies in Greater China, has partnered with Lanhai International Golf Club to open a new PGA Learning and Performance Centre.