The Yalong Bay Golf, situated in the tropical resort of Sanya. The most popular holiday destination in China, is seeking an Australian PGA Member to fill the role of Director of Coaching (DOC) at our newly established PGA of Australia Golf Academy.
Designed by Robert Trent Jones Jnr, some 20 years ago hosts around 26,000 rounds per year. The course known as the “Home of Tournaments” has hosted, Asian Tour, European Tour and Ladies European Tour events in the past. With an extensive clubhouse (including 40 hotel style rooms), restaurant and large Pro Shop, and 200 staff, we cater for 150 members, guests and international players.
Besides the normal activity coaching lessons for individuals and groups, the DOC will be responsible for management of the driving range coaches (usually 2 in the low season from April to September and 6 from October to March) and any group/corporates using the range. In addition, the DOC is expected to join in all club activities and promotions. A translator will be available. The Yalong Bay Golf Club has always promoted junior golf, and we hope the Academy will further enhance this aim, with golf schools and individual lessons. The DOC can also expect golfers of various standards from Russia, Japan, Korea and obviously China.
The position suits a motivated individual to promote the both the Club and the brand and image of the PGA of Australia. This is the first PGA of Australia Golf Academy in China and subsequently will require a futuristic outlook to make the Academy successful. A person with previous international experience would be an advantage, but not essential.
Sanya is home to approximately 700,000 citizens. However, this figure more than doubles when cold weather forces the elderly and youngsters to head South to escape cold. Additionally, snow and ice closes courses and thus golfers head south also. To get a better oversight of the city please visit- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanya. Western restaurants are limited (Tex Mex and Indian) except for the 5 Star hotels. The Sanya Airport is good and about 40 mins from the Club. International connections were available pre Covid-19. They will return! Sanya attracts many Russian visitors who mainly congregate in the Da Dong Hai area approx. 30 mins from the Club. This area also has several Western/European supermarkets, BYO Vegemite though!!
- A monthly retainer of 10,000rmb (approx. $2,000 AUD)
- 50% of revenue of Coaching Fees (potential to be above $70,000 AUD/year)
- All income is subject to 15% Tax (TBC)
- Free accommodation at the club will be provided
Chinese New Year Bonus if applicable (2020, 2.6 x Basic Salary)
- A Food and Beverage allowance of 200 rmb per day
- 21 days annual leave
- The successful applicant should consider medical insurance at their cost; however, we can advise that medical treatment is very good locally and at a reasonable cost.
- The position will be a 1-year contract with a further 2-year extension possible.
- Assistance and costs associated with a visa application will be provided by the Club.
- PGA Members should be aware that working oversea during the current global pandemic may present various challenges. Members should also familiarise themselves with the Working Visa application process for the country of work and establish if the conditions of granting the Visa can be met.
Please send applications or phone enquires to –
Senior Club Consultant
(86) 136 989 34347