Job Description & Responsibilities:
The positon of Area Manager is responsible for profitably growing golf / landscape product and service sales within irrigation industry applications. This role will work effectively at various customer levels to educate specifiers, validate designs, and successfully sell Rain Bird irrigation solutions through distribution.
The Golf segment of the position utilizes the Area Mangers strategic initiatives to achieve results measured on revenue production and market share improvement. The successful candidate will be technically competent, a sound presenter, results-oriented, highly self-motivated, and ideally will have experience in the Golf irrigation market. In addition, the position works at high management and ownership levels within a golf facilities organization, to outline Rain Bird’s complete capabilities. Decision makers and influencers include owners, greens committees, consultants, contractors, developers, and superintendents.
The Landscape responsibilities of the position comprise growing Rain Bird’s sales ahead of the market growth rate, establishing and leading sales & marketing objectives, developing and managing channels of distribution and conducting customer training. Responsibilities also include the development & execution of a strategic plan for the region, and new business development.
Overall, the Area Manager is accountable for the continual assessment of territory needs, along with the development and implementation of distribution strategies that promote sustainable growth for the company. The Area Manager works extensively with the Regional Manager to develop and implement sales plans that ensure appropriate sales coverage and sales effectiveness across all territories.
- Bachelor’s degree,
- Fluent in English both speaking and writing.
- 5+ years sales experience in direct field or product application sales,
- Aptitude for quantitative analysis, strategic and tactical thinking, and detailed planning
- Demonstrated ability to drive significant sales and market share growth,
- Excellent written, verbal communication, and presentation skills,
- Self-motivated individual with independent decision-making capabilities, and the ability to work from a home based office,
- Demonstrated success in utilizing influencing skills to generate results from people who have no direct reporting relationship to this position,
- Good working knowledge of personal computers and commonly used business software (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook),
- Ability to travel extensively,
- Desire to grow within the organization, and willingness to accept new challenges.
- MBA Degree
- Experience in working within a multinational organization
- Irrigation Industry experience within South East Asian countries (including design and installation)
- Working knowledge of irrigation design, installation, repair, and product application
- Sales and/or Technical experience with Golf Pump stations
For questions, please contact Mark Donohue at [email protected]