Scottsdale, Arizona, United States: The Els Club Malaysia and The Els Club Dubai are among the Troon-affiliated facilities commemorating Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
Throughout October, Troon-managed golf properties will be flying pink-checkered flags on their 18th greens to help raise awareness about breast cancer prevention and screening exams and will have various fundraising events to support PLAY for P.I.N.K., a charity funding breast cancer research.
In addition, and to celebrate Troon Women’s Golf Month, teaching professionals at Troon-managed facilities will host introductory golf clinics, virtual events, and creative playing opportunities throughout October. Now in its seventh year, the goal of Troon Women’s Golf Month is to introduce more golfers to the game, regardless of age, race or gender.
To help raise funds for breast cancer research, participating courses will hold PLAY for P.I.N.K. fund-raising events, including Par-3 Challenges, PLAY for P.I.N.K. golf tournaments and golf clinics, and designate PLAY for P.I.N.K. tee times in which a portion of the green fee will be donated to PLAY for P.I.N.K.
PLAY for P.I.N.K. (Prevention, Immediate diagnosis, New technology, Knowledge) supports a nationwide network of volunteers who raise money for breast cancer research through sporting and lifestyle events to speed advances in prevention, detection, treatment and survivorship. PLAY for P.I.N.K. donates 100% of its proceeds to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation. To date, PLAY for P.I.N.K. has raised more than US$62 million for breast cancer research.
Throughout October, Troon-managed facilities will host golf clinics, virtual events, and fun playing opportunities. Examples of Troon Women’s Golf Month programming and/or PLAY for P.I.N.K. fund-raising events at Troon-managed facilities around the globe include:
- Kapalua Golf in Maui, Hawaii will combine both initiatives, hosting a PLAY for P.I.N.K. golf outing on October 18 on its Bay Course and a complimentary women’s golf clinic prior to the outing. A portion of tournament proceeds will be donated to PLAY for P.I.N.K. and will benefit the Breast Cancer Research Foundation.
- The Lodge of Four Seasons in Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri will have PLAY for P.I.N.K. and Stay for P.I.N.K. promotions throughout October. Tee it up in October on the Cove or Ridge Courses and US$5 for every round will be donated to PLAY for P.I.N.K. Plus, book a room night in October and US$5 of every room night will be donated to PLAY for P.I.N.K.
- The Els Club Malaysia is offering 50% off golf instruction for the month in addition to donating a portion of golf fees to breast cancer research.
- The Els Club Dubai in the United Arab Emirates will hold a Breast Cancer Awareness Golf Day on October 27.
- The Westin Kierland Golf Club in Scottsdale, Arizona will provide a 15% discount on regularly priced apparel with the colour pink in it, plus will have regular ‘Hit the Green for Charity’ contests on their par-threes throughout October. Proceeds will be donated to PLAY for P.I.N.K.
- Ak-Chin Southern Dunes Golf Club in Maricopa, Arizona is offering 20% off women’s apparel throughout October.
Visit www.troon.com/play-troon-programs/womens-golf-month to learn more about Troon Women’s Golf Month programmes. For more information on all of Troon’s ‘grow the game’ initiatives, visit www.Troon.com.
Women’s Golf Month events are geared towards women, but all are welcome to participate. Troon and Troon-affiliated facilities do not discriminate against anyone on the basis of sex, race, colour, religion, ancestry, national origin, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Troon is an Executive Member of the Asian Golf Industry Federation. The Els Club Malaysia and The Els Club Dubai are Facility Members of the Asian Golf Industry Federation.