Newport, Wales: This year’s International Golf Travel Market (IGTM) has been postponed. Scheduled to take place at Celtic Manor Wales from October 19-22, Reed Travel Exhibitions said the event has been pushed back to 2021.
David Todd, Event Manager, IGTM, said: “With the current restrictions affecting so many of our key stakeholders whose welfare is our number one priority, we simply cannot recreate the same on-site face-to-face experiences and meeting quality that we would expect at an IGTM event. After much consideration, we have made the difficult decision to postpone IGTM Wales to 2021.
“We recognise that business has to continue and know how important IGTM is as a meeting place for annual business strategies, so we do not want that opportunity to go to waste. Therefore, as a thank you to the industry’s loyalty over the last 23 years, and for this year only, we’re going virtual and global with IGTM LINKS – and it’s free of charge for all delegates.
“Following research with all of our stakeholders, we’ve had some excellent feedback expressing the need to ‘keep the communication flowing’ and ‘developing digital platforms for destination gathering without having to embark ourselves on fact finding missions’.
“Our aim is to keep everyone connected at this difficult time for the travel industry and the golf travel community, to be that business support system and help keep our world moving towards 2021.”
IGTM LINKS will take place from October 20-22 as an online meeting platform that will participants allow access to:
- Exhibitors and Travel Agents/Tour Operators to do business together through a virtual appointment system;
- Enabling flexible meetings with golf courses, golf resorts and destinations over a three-day period at a time that suits each attendee;
- A messaging and connection platform and a chance to connect with attendees from the golf travel industry;
- Access to a directory of all golf travel brands as well as key international buyers and golf travel/leisure media;
- Talks, destination presentations, case studies and workshops to help plan forward business strategies.
Registrations for IGTM LINKS will open on August 27.
Todd added: “IGTM LINKS is not a replacement for IGTM, rather it is a one-off event we have created to keep the industry connected with the obvious opportunity to do business, keep their conversations going, catch up and arrange appointments that suit everyone’s agenda. It’s all about helping to move forward beyond Covid-19.”