Scottsdale, Arizona, United States: July is ‘Troon Family Golf Month’ at Troon-affiliated facilities around the world. Throughout this month, Troon courses will amplify their year-round family golf initiatives through family-oriented instructional programmes, events and tournaments.
“We’re seeing a renewed interest in golf from juniors (and adults) around the globe,” said Bruce Glasco, Chief Operating Officer, Troon, an Executive Member of the Asian Golf Industry Federation.
“In parts of Europe, for example, kids are not able to participate in soccer or cricket due to the pandemic, but they can play golf while properly physically distancing. During Family Golf Month, we hope parents and juniors will get out and play golf, enjoy the fresh air together and appreciate the camaraderie that golf provides.”
While the month of July serves as the kick-off for family golf activities, Troon Family Golf is available every day of the week, all year long, at participating Troon-managed facilities worldwide. Families can play golf together and enjoy the following:
- Juniors play golf for free after 3 pm when playing with a paying adult
- Juniors enjoy complimentary Callaway rental clubs all day (US only)
- Juniors receive complimentary instruction when taking a lesson with a paying adult
In addition, the Troon Junior Club is open to all junior golfers aged 17 years and younger for an annual fee of just US$35. Troon Junior Club members receive:
- Preferred junior rates and programmes at participating Troon facilities
- Troon Junior Club Nike hat
- Troon Junior Club bag tag
- Welcome letter from Rory McIlroy
- One-time 25 per cent off at Nike.com (exclusions apply)
- One-year GOLFPASS video membership (retail value: US$49 annually)
- Practice facility access at select facilities
- Special junior clinics
- Up to 20 per cent discount on summer golf camps at participating facilities
- Exclusive access to Troon Junior Club social media (with parental approval)
- Plus all current Troon Family Golf benefits.