Alexandria, Virginia, United States: The Club Management Association of America (CMAA) has announced its 2020 Officers and Board of Directors.
The CMAA Board of Directors is comprised of 13 professionals who work collaboratively with the National Staff team, National Committees, Members, Partners, and the greater industry to advance the profession of club management.
The CMAA Board of Directors is committed to ensuring the existence and growth of a thriving club industry led by CMAA-educated professionals, through the adoption and implementation of the CMAA’s recently approved 2020-2025 Strategic Plan.
The 2020 CMAA Officers are:
- Chairman Mark Bado, MCM, CCE, General Manager, Myers Park Country Club, Charlotte, NC;
- Vice Chairman Brian Kroh, CCM, General Manager, John’s Island Club, Vero Beach, FL;
- Secretary-Treasurer Mitchell Platt, MCM, CCE, General Manager, Cosmos Club, Washington, DC; and
- Immediate Past Chairman Randy Ruder, CCM, CCE, General Manager, Beach Point Club, Mamaroneck, NY.
Newly elected or re-elected as Directors are:
- Eric Dietz, CCM, CCE, PGA, Chief Operating Officer, Mountain Lake, Lake Wales, FL;
- Joseph Krenn, CCM, CCE, General Manager/Chief Operating Officer, Farmington Country Club, Charlottesville, VA;
- Joe Mendez, CCM, CCE, General Manager, Riverton Country Club, Cinnaminson, NJ; and
- William Shonk, CCM, CCE, General Manager, Princess Anne Country Club, Virginia Beach, VA.
Directors continuing to serve on the CMAA Board are:
- Janine Budzius, CCM, CCE, General Manager/COO, Philadelphia Country Club, Gladwyne, PA;
- Richard LaRocca, CCM, CCE, General Manager/Chief Operating Officer, Beechmont Country Club, Cleveland, OH;
- Michael Seabrook, CCM, CCE, General Manager/Chief Operating Officer, Belle Meade Country Club, Nashville, TN;
- Christina Toups, CCM, CCE, General Manager, Ridglea Country Club, Fort Worth, TX; and
- Michael S. Wheeler, MCM, CCE, General Manager/Chief Operating Officer, Cherokee Town & Country Club, Atlanta, GA.
Voting for officers and directors was conducted online prior to and in-person at CMAA’s 2020 World Conference and Club Business Session in Grapevine, Texas. The election results were announced at the event’s Closing Business Session.