Orlando, Florida, United States: The inaugural Global Golf Innovation Competition, a new ‘Shark Tank’-style competition for golf start-ups, has announced the finalists and judges who will participate at the 2019 PGA Merchandise Show.
HYPE Sports Innovation, an established global platform which facilitates connections and investments among the sports innovation eco-system, will host the competition in co-operation with PGA Worldwide Golf Exhibitions to showcase up-and-coming innovators and cutting-edge technology in golf to an esteemed panel of judges on January 22 at the Orange County Convention Centre.
The judges for the competition are:
*Uli Becker, Chairman, HYPE Capital, Former President & CEO, Reebok
*Roberta Bowman, Chief Brand & Communications Officer, LPGA
*Randy Chase, Senior Director of Strategic Alliance Marketing, Electronic Arts/EA Sports
*Amy Fischer, Group Vice President Strategy & Insights, Reed Exhibitions
*Elisa Gaudet, Founder, Women’s Golf Day and Executive Golf International
*Jee-hae Lee, Director of Business Development, TopGolf
*Jeff Price, Chief Commercial Officer, PGA of America
*Eddie Smith, Vice President – Golf, Lagardére Sports
Meanwhile, the finalists for the start-up competition have been named:
- CaddieNow – America’s most trusted caddie programme.
- Golf Post – New media house for golf.
- Khelfie Technologies – Golf’s first AI-powered super-wearable.
- Kinexit – Train better. Play more.
- Players 1st – Know your players’ needs, keep them in the game.
- Shot Scope – Shot Scope V2, the world’s only GPS and fully automatic performance tracking system.
- Swing King – New revenue for your course and excitement for your golfers.
- TDJ Golf – Merging on-course play and fantasy golf.
- GolfBoo – The comparison website for golf travel.
- 6Joe’s – Play like a Joe. Score like a pro.
With over 40,000 members, including retail brands, athletic clubs, federations and academia, and over 10,000 start-ups, HYPE converts sports and innovation into business success.
HYPE nurtures winning ideas and connects them with global sports partners and investors. Its unique scouting approach together with customised services and strong relationships with the sports innovation eco-system, enables it to help sports start-ups to scale up and to the sports brands, leagues and teams to stay ahead of the curve and move from traditional sports experiences to the new era of sports and innovation.
The HYPE eco-system includes leading sports brands, investors and associations from UEFA, adidas, Spalding, Silicon Valley Bank, Asics, Google and many more. The company says it vision is to impact people’s lives through the power of sports and innovation.