Orlando, Florida, United States: The inaugural Global Golf Innovation Competition, a new ‘Shark Tank’-style of competition for golf start-ups, has been announced for the 2019 PGA Merchandise Show.
HYPE Sports Innovation, an established global platform which facilitates connections and investments among the sports innovation eco-system, will host the competition in co-operation with PGA Worldwide Golf Exhibitions to showcase up-and-coming innovators and cutting-edge technology in golf on January 22, at the Orange County Convention Centre.
Competition entries are currently being accepted through the HYPE Sports Innovation membership network. Registration to become an applicant is open for innovators and start-ups from the golf industry at Golf2019.HYPESportsInnovation.com/competition. The application deadline is December 15.
Dr Ilan Hadar, HYPE’s Chief Executive Officer, said: “We’re honoured to host our inaugural Global Golf Innovation Competition at such a pivotal golf industry event. We anticipate receiving applications from some of the most promising golf start-ups from around the world, with the potential to shape the future of golf.”
Ten start-up teams will be selected from an application pool of more than 200 teams to pitch their companies and products to a panel of industry experts which includes current and former sports industry executives.
The 10 start-up finalists presenting at the competition will receive:
- A feature in the HYPE Sports Innovation Magazine, PGA Merchandise Show edition;
- A one-on-one meeting with the panel of judges;
- Dedicated promotional video shared on HYPE’s social media channels;
- Global media and influencer exposure through HYPE’s network of 40,000 members;
- A special presence in the New Product Zone exhibit area of the PGA Show Floor (January 23-25); and
- Interaction with golf industry influencers and leading mentors in the field of sports innovation during a special event cocktail reception.