Palm Beach Gardens, United States: Troon and the Executive Women’s Golf Association (EWGA), the largest women-focused national amateur golf association in the United States, have renewed a multi-faceted Supporting Partnership.
The link is designed to increase women participating in golf, grow activities for EWGA members and provide additional value/benefits to EWGA members.
Troon and the EWGA’s Supporting Partnership includes the following elements:
- Cross-marketing between EWGA and Troon marketing channels to grow women’s golf activities and participation
• Inclusion of Troon/Troon Rewards participating facilities to the EWGA Golf Course Network
• Collaboration on EWGA events and tournaments at Troon-managed facilities
• Troon support and partnership of Troon – EWGA Hole-In-One Club
• Preferred Troon Card pricing for EWGA members
• Creation of new EWGA ‘Fun Trips’ for EWGA members to visit Troon destinations such as California, Arizona, Hawaii and Bermuda.
“We are excited to continue our partnership with the EWGA,” said Ryan Walls, Senior Vice President, Operations for Troon, an Executive Member of the Asian Golf Industry Federation.
“We are wholly committed to growing the number of women participating in the game. Our new Get Into Golf programme is perfect for women (or men) who are newer to the game, have never picked up a club, or have very little golf knowledge and knocks down all of the reasons it is difficult to try the sport.
“Instructors introduce the basics of the game in a fun, affordable and no-pressure atmosphere and the facilities provide all of the golf equipment for the participants.”
As part of the Troon and EWGA relationship, 60 Troon-managed facilities in the United States have joined the EWGA Golf Course Network – the EWGA’s premier listing of facilities that market their amenities to EWGA members and welcome new players, while showcasing their efforts to grow women’s golf.
“We are delighted to utilise two of Troon’s premier managed venues to host our two marquee competitive events in 2016 – the EWGA Championship Finals at Landsdowne Resort in Virginia and the EWGA Cup Finals at Westin Mission Hills in California,” said EWGA CEO Pam Swensen.
“This continued partnership with Troon and their incredible golf facilities provides us with a tremendous opportunity to demonstrate how EWGA members take fun seriously even when competing. Plus Troon properties are indeed a hit with our members.”