Singapore: Titleist says its new Vokey Design Spin Milled 6 wedges establish a new performance standard by improving in the three key areas of wedge play: distance gapping, shot versatility and spin control.
“These are the best wedges we’ve ever made,” said Bob Vokey. “Our engineers have taken everything I’ve learned working with Tour players, PGA pros and amateurs over the last 20-plus years, everything (Vokey Tour Rep) Aaron Dill has learned from being on Tour week in and week out, and brought it to life with technology that will help golfers at every level of the game. SM6 really is the total package.”
Dill said: “The detail and precision that’s gone into SM6 is off the charts. We’ve taken everything into consideration while really focusing in on the Centre of Gravity (CG). This is technology that you can actually see on the wedge – technology that Tour players are raving about because it is helping them control their trajectory, hit their number more consistently and ultimately score better.”
Already the most played wedge model on the PGA Tour, Vokey SM6 wedges provide precise distance control, enhanced shot versatility, maximum spin and superior feel through the following key technologies:
· A ground-breaking new Progressive CG design aligns the CG with the impact position of each loft to produce precise distance and trajectory control with exceptional feel. Engineered using cutting-edge CAD technology, the Progressive CG is visible technology on the back of the wedge.
§ Low loft (46º-52º) SM6 models feature a low CG that increases ball speed on average by 1.5 mph (3-5 yards). This low CG position provides a precisely aligned progression from a typical iron set. It is visible technology, highlighted by a thinner top-line and raised lower section.
§ Mid lofts (54º & 56º) feature a mid CG position, precisely aligned between the low lofts and high lofts, that provides precise distance gapping and exceptional feel.
§ High lofts (58º-62º) feature a high CG position that produces tighter distance dispersion, improved trajectory control and better feel. The high CG position is precisely aligned with the impact position of high lofted wedges, higher on the face. It is visible technology, highlighted by a raised upper section.
· Master Craftsman Vokey’s five Tour-validated SM6 sole grinds have been fine-tuned through Vokey’s work with the world’s best shot-makers, providing golfers of all skill levels with improved shot versatility for their swing type, shot-making style and course conditions.
§ All five SM6 grinds (L, M, S, F, K) are currently in play across the worldwide professional Tours. Each grind is a direct result of Vokey’s experience fitting Tour players, PGA professionals and amateurs of all skill levels for more than 20 years.
· New 100% inspected proprietary Spin Milled TX4 grooves and face texture deliver more spin (up to 200 rpm more spin on average) with more consistent spin control.
§ New TX4 grooves are engineered with a machine milled, parallel face texture that creates a sharper, more consistent groove edge.
- TX4 grooves feature two groove geometries: a narrower, deeper groove for the 46º-54º lofts; and a wider, shallower groove in the 56º-62º lofts.
- The parallel face texture and progressive groove geometries optimise ball-to-groove edge contact, producing more spin and control around the greens.
Jordan Spieth started 2016 with four SM6 wedges in his bag, winning the Hyundai Tournament of Champions by eight shots with a 30-under total. Spieth first put the SM6’s in play at last November’s WGC-HSBC Champions event.
In addition to Spieth, SM6 models are in the bags of more than 45 players on the PGA Tour, including Jimmy Walker, Jason Dufner, Robert Streb, Adam Scott, Bill Haas and Webb Simpson.
Available in selected golf shops from March 11, Vokey SM6 wedges are available in 46º to 62º lofts and three finishes: Tour Chrome, Steel Gray and Jet Black (raw).
SM6 wedges can be custom ordered with a wide range of specifications and personalisation, including an industry-leading selection of shafts, grips, shaft bands, ferrules, stamping and paint fill. For a complete list of personalisation and custom options, visit www.Vokey.com
Titleist is part of the Acushnet company, a Full Business Member of the Asian Golf Industry Federation.