West Palm Beach, United States: Five of Greg Norman Golf Course Design’s (GNGCD) international courses have been named to Golf Digest’s ‘World’s 100 Greatest’ list.
Included in the 2016-2017 rankings are 29th-placed Ellerston (Australia), 31st New South Wales Golf Club (Australia), 74th The Bluffs Ho Tram Strip (Vietnam), 84th Nirwana Bali and 97th Jumeirah Golf Estates Earth Course (UAE).
The Bluffs and Nirwana Bali are both Golf Facility Members of the Asian Golf Industry Federation.
“We are thrilled to be recognised by a magazine that places a premium on its golf travel and architecture reporting,” said Greg Norman. “We have a great deal of respect for its editorial content and are privileged to be in such elite company alongside other world-famous courses.”
Since its inception in 1987, GNGCD – a Full Business Member of the Asian Golf Industry Federation – has been one of Norman’s true passions in both business and life. His experience playing many of the world’s great golf courses over a 25-year career served as a catalyst to develop this interest and turn it into a thriving company. Today, GNGCD courses span the globe, covering six continents and 34 countries.
The firm recently celebrated the opening of its 100th course at Eastern Golf Club in Australia and currently has 42 more under contract and another 22 actively under development.
GNGCD’s design philosophy is grounded in a ‘least disturbance approach’ that blends golf courses with their surrounding environment to enhance the properties’ natural features. They are highly-regarded as an industry leaders in promoting sustainability and the compatibility of golf courses with the environment, with many projects having been awarded the Audubon Society Award for environmental stewardship.
In addition to these newest accolades, GNGCD and its projects have been recognised around the globe and have garnered numerous prestigious recognitions for design including:
• The Bluffs Ho Tram Strip – ‘World’s Best New Golf Course 2015’, World Golf Awards
• Ellerston – ‘Top 100 Courses in the World 2015’, GOLF Magazine
• Almouj Golf The Wave – ‘Top 10 Courses in the Middle East 2015’, Golf Digest
• Red Sky Golf Club – ‘Top 10 Courses in Colorado 2013’, Golfweek
• The Ritz Carlton Orlando, Grande Lakes – ‘Top 100 Golf Resorts in North America 2011’, Conde Nast Traveler
• Tiburón Golf Club At The Ritz-Carlton Golf Resort – ‘Number one Golf Resort in Florida 2009’, Golf Digest
• El Camaleón – ‘Best New International Course 2007’, GOLF Magazine
• Vellano Country Club – ‘Development of the Year 2007’, GOLF Inc
• Mission Hills Golf Club – ‘Ten Best International Courses 2004’, Travel & Leisure
Singapore: Michael Braidwood, one of the most respected educators on club management in the EMEA region, will be the presenter for the third instalment of the Asian Golf Industry Federation’s Sustainability Series.