New York, United States: Golf Vacation Insider, one of the Internet’s leading sources of independent golf travel advice, has conducted an on-line survey of its active subscribers to find out more about how they make travel decisions and what factors are important to them when deciding where to go.
The following selected findings from the survey provide insight into the decision-making process of the 350,000 avid golf travellers who read Golf Vacation Insider:
- The number one factor in deciding where to go is value (defined in the survey as the intersection of price and quality), with 58% listing it as the single factor they usually place the most importance on.
- Playing top-quality golf was listed as ‘most important’ by 22% of golf travellers.
- Only about 5% of respondents listed ‘reliable weather’, or ‘getting there easily’ as their most important factor when deciding where to go.
“These results confirm what we’ve suspected: our golf travellers look beyond ‘price’ alone and carefully consider what they’re getting for the price,” said Craig Better, Editor and Publisher, Golf Vacation Insider.
“It’s one reason they open, read, and respond to our email alerts so voraciously; we explain which travel opportunities provide real value and are worthy of their time and money.”
Golf Vacation Insider‘s travel tips and golf course, resort and restaurant reviews are based mainly on anonymous, ‘secret shopper’ inspections. The company does not sell golf packages or arrange/book golf vacations as part of its commitment to honest and unbiased reviews.
“Our readers trust and appreciate our advice, so they usually respond enthusiastically to our recommendations,” added Better.
The survey also helped profile the audience of 350,000 Golf Vacation Insider subscribers as highly affluent and active golf travellers. Findings from the survey suggest the collective golf travel purchasing power of the Golf Vacation Insider audience and their travel companions is about US$6 billion. Specifically the survey found:
- 65% have household incomes of US$100,000-US$500,000+
- 81% take two or more golf trips each year
- 82% spend between US$500-US$5,000+ per person on each golf trip.
The on-line survey was taken at the non-affiliated SurveyGizmo website and completed by 2,697 of Golf Vacation Insider‘s email subscribers. There was no incentive to participate. The results have statistical confidence level greater than 95% and a margin of error of less than 5%.