Fairhaven, United States: From FootJoy comes the next advancement in women’s golf footwear – D.N.A. DryJoys Next Advancement.
Featuring the most comprehensive feature package ever delivered by FootJoy, D.N.A. footwear embodies the most proven elements of the world-renown DryJoys franchise with new, cutting-edge componentry and construction methodology.
Doug Robinson, Vice President of Design and Development Worldwide, said: “To create the FJ D.N.A. golf shoe for female golfers, we began with all of the components and materials that made the men’s shoe such a tremendous success and refined them to better support the distinct fit, comfort and performance characteristics required in the women’s game.
“Every detail was carefully reconsidered in order to deliver a women’s shoe with lightweight stability, a precise fit, superior feel and ultimate performance.”
Available from September 1, among the key features and benefits are the 3D FoamCollar, SnugFit Tongue for FIT, NitroThin TPU Outsole, Xtra-Thick FTF FitBed and ChromoSkin Leather System by Pittards.
- The 3D FoamCollar moulds to your ankle for ideal comfort, fit and support. Locking your ankle in place eliminates any movement of the foot – a situation that can lead to discomfort and power-reduction during the swing.
- The SnugFit tongue is engineered utilising thin, soft, and breathable materials – including MicroVent technology – in order to properly conform to the top of your foot providing superb fit and an incredibly comfortable in-shoe environment.
- The all-new NitroThin TPU outsole has been in development for several years, undergoing numerous rounds of testing and technical modifications. The result is a super thin-yet-strong chassis that frames the soft, FTF internal midsole, delivering the perfect combination of rigidity and flexibility for maximum on-course performance.
- In order to achieve the sleek, low-profile look of D.N.A. the midsole was moved inside the shoe. FTF (Fine-Tuned Foam), a new proprietary cushioning material, is used throughout the interior midsole, also known as the FitBed. In order to achieve in-shoe stability as well as premium cushioning, two densities of FTF were utilised – a firmer density for stability around the perimeter of the FitBed and a softer density in the heel and forefoot providing industry-leading in-shoe comfort.
- D.N.A. DryJoys Next Advancement features the all-new ChromoSkin Leather System by Pittards of England. This unique full grain leather system is supple, lightweight, thin-yet-durable and completely waterproof. By using this premium leather, the wearer will experience tremendous breathability and will find the upper will conform to their feet for an incredible custom fit.