Augusta, Georgia, United States: Club Car is assisting its partners and customers with their heightened concerns surrounding Covid-19. During this challenging time, Club Car has developed several best practices and tips to help golf courses and their teams clean and disinfect their golf cars – both important to prevent the spread of Covid-19.
According to the World Health Organisation, cleaning refers to removing germs, dirt and impurities from surfaces. Cleaning does not kill germs, but by removing them, it lowers their numbers and the risk of spreading infection.
Disinfecting refers to using chemicals to kill germs on surfaces. This process does not necessarily clean dirty surfaces or remove germs, but by killing germs on a surface after cleaning, it can further lower the risk of spreading infection.
Cleaning and/or disinfecting are both important ways to prevent the spread of Covid-19.
- Wear Appropriate Gear: Wear disposable gloves or other protective garments when cleaning or disinfecting cars.
- Clean Visible Dirt: Clean any visible dirt from any part of the car that a person usually touches with hot soapy water.
- Prepare Your Disinfectant: Diluted household bleach, alcohol or household disinfectant solutions are effective for killing the coronavirus.
- Use Caution: Read the instructions of cleaners and disinfectants carefully. Mixing products such as bleach and vinegar, bleach and ammonia, bleach and alcohol, or hydrogen peroxide and vinegar can create deadly substances like mustard gas, chloroform or WIPE DOWN corrosive acid.
- Wipe Down Surfaces: Disinfect all seats, steering wheels, door handles, keys, seat belts, gear shifts, air vents, mirrors, connectivity units, hand rails or bed door handles.
- Keep Hand Sanitiser Close: Keep hand sanitiser that is at least 60% alcohol based available at consumer applications like golf courses.
Club Car is an Executive Member of the Asian Golf Industry Federation.